- Center For Discipleship Formation
- Every Member In Ministry
- Giving Ministries
- Outreach Ministries
- Prime Time Wednesday
- Senior Adult Ministry
- Young Adults / College
35 YEAR REUNION
September 27-29, 2013
Make plans to attend our
35 Year Reunion.
Friday, September 27
6:00 p.m. – Early Arrivals
Dinner at the Choo-Choo Restaurant
Saturday Morning, September 28 Oak Street Center
9:00 a.m. – Breakfast
10:00 a.m. – Getting reacquainted, announcements, music, testimonials
Noon – on your own
Saturday Evening Mohney Hall
5:30 p.m. – Check in
6:00 p.m. – Dinner
7:00 p.m. – Nell Mohney
7:30 - 8:00 p.m. – Music
(former PCS members – Dave Abercrombie Quartet and Phyllis Shelton)
We welcome single adults at First-Centenary. Although singles are involved in all aspects of the church, there are some classes and activities especially for those who are widowed, divorced, or never married. We have singles of all ages. Members of our Sunday School classes and Positive Christian Singles (PCS) provide support and friendship to each other in our Christian journey.
Positive Christian Singles (PCS) was formed in 1978 as a way to offer fellowship, fun, recreation, and support to singles in the Chattanooga community. Click here for more information about PCS. You may also find Positive Christian Singles on Facebook.
For the Monday night PCS menus click here.
Our Singles Dance Ministry provides a monthly dance held on the second Saturday from 7:00-10:00 pm. Dance lessons are at 6:00 p.m. prior to each dance. All dance ministry opportunities are open to the community. Check the newsletter for more details.
Forward is an 8-week support group for those who have lost a spouse to death. It is an ecumenical group that helps persons in the grieving process as they move forward into a new life. Sessions are offered periodically throughout the year. There is no charge for Forward.
Divorce Recovery Ministry. We are creating a more comprehensive ministry to divorced persons. Need to talk to someone? We offer professional counseling for persons who are going through separation or divorce. Please call the Church Office (423-756-2021) or click here to set up an appointment. Our next Divorce Recovery class begins September 12.
First-Centenary has four Sunday School classes for single adults:
- Common Ground is a group of young singles and couples that meet in the Seminar Room, Room 125. Their lessons are primarily Bible study. Many members meet for small group studies during the week and they also enjoy great fellowship.
- New Perspectives is a class for single adults, primarily in their 40’s and 50’s. They have lessons on various faith topics and books, led by a variety of teachers, with discussion and class participation. They also have occasional lunches and social activities, and support various mission projects of the church. They meet in Room 345.
- Open Door is a class for married and single young adults. This class is discussion-based, with several excellent teachers. They also have occasional social gatherings. Class meets in Room 448.
- Nell Mohney Singles, taught by Dr. Nell Mohney, is a group of all single adults. They gather for fellowship, refreshments, and singing before the lesson. They have various social activities and are supportive of each other in many ways. Class meets in the Oak Street Center in Room 101-102.
There are also a number of other Sunday School classes that welcome both single and married adults (click here for more information on other classes). Single members usually sit together in our three Sunday morning worship services: 8:30 and 10:45 traditional services, and 10:45 contemporary service (The Vine).
For more information about any of the Singles activities, contact the church office (756-2021), or Barbara Berwanger.
We would like to extend a warm welcome for you to join us for any event!