- Senior Pastor
- Associate Minister
- Minister of Outreach
- Minister, Discipleship Formation & Cong Care
- Minister to the Homebound
- Minister, Counseling
- Director, Vine Worship and Young Adult Ministry
- Director, Congregational Development
- Director, Youth Ministry
- Assistant Director, Youth Ministry
- Director, Children's Ministry
- Director, Worship and Music Ministry
- Director, Senior Adult Ministry
- Director, Children's Enrichment Center
- Assistant Director, Children's Enrichment Center
- Handbells and Instrumentalists
- Communications Coordinator
- Business Manager
- Administrative Assistant
- Membership Secretary
- Director, The Centenary
- Assistant Director, The Centenary
- Recreation Specialist, The Centenary
- Teen Director, The Centenary
- Athletic Director, The Centenary
Mark has been in ministry for 36 years in the Holston Conference. He has served the last 4 years in ministry at Munsey Memorial UMC in Johnson City, TN. Before coming to Munsey he served for 8 years at Signal Crest UMC on Signal Mountain and 13 years at Central United Methodist, Lenoir City. Other churches he has served in the Holston Conference are: Surgoinsville UMC, Hixson UMC, East Ridge UMC and Welches and Stephens Chapels in Dunlap TN.
He is married to Judy Gooden of Hixson. They have been married for 34 years. They have two adult children; Tim who is 30 and Kylie 23.
Mark was born and raised in Hixson. He began ministry in the Holston Conference in 1983. He received a Bachelor of Science degree from UTC in Environmental Studies with a minor in Sociology, a Master of Divinity from Candler School of Theology at Emory University, and a Doctorate from Asbury Theological Seminary in Wilmore, Kentucky.
Mark and Judy love to travel and spend time with family. Mark loves fly-fishing and long walks in the woods. You can find Mark every morning at 5:30 on his daily walk where he starts each day off with prayer and meditation. Mark has many favorite bible verses but the one that is special to him is Revelation 3:8: “I know your works. Look, I have set before you an open door, which no one is able to shut. I know that you have but little power, and yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name.” Mark leaned heavily on this verse through seminary and provided assurance through his years in ministry.
Mark also has a personal mission statement that he tries to live out every day:
“To bring hope and encouragement to all I meet today!”